- Customizable digital displays and flat panel TV screens mounted on the front of the refrigerator door.
- Bottom freezer refrigerator models have different features such as slide-out drawer/bin, different design for shelving inside
Finally, when making a large investment into an appliance it is important to purchase an extended warranty in case of repairs, as well as ensuring that you have made plans for disposal of the old refrigerator!
When you are considering these features, remember that a base model refrigerator typically will offer 1-2 drawers, basic shelving that is not adjustable and a partial shelf in the freezer. More features means a higher price!
You will need to really think about the features that you will get the most use out of. For example, if you will rarely use the ice/water dispenser, then why spend hundreds more dollars on a refrigerator that will include that feature? Not only will the price be increased, but you will also have to ensure that the proper plumbing is hooked up.
When purchasing a refrigerator, you will need to put considerable thought into the features that you will best suit your needs and the needs of your family. Below are some of the available features in newer models that you may want to consider:
- In door water/ice dispenser
- Ice maker/dispenser
- Energy star qualified models that will give you energy savings and are efficient
- Adjustable shelving
- Freezer shelving
- Glass shelving
- Interior light in freezer and fridge
- Removable door shelves
- Number of drawers
- Quick cool compartment
- Deli/meat bin with temperature control
- Humidity/temperature controls
- Butter holder
- Enclosed back coils